"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Overdue...still.

July is a nice month, right?  I mean, June babies are awesome.   But July would be a new month for our family, birthday-wise.   Actually, we'd have a birthday every month from March through August!


I am liking July! Of course, June 30th is a really lovely date too.  A nice even number.  I think I have about 6 or 7 more hours of June.  Then I'll have a July baby!

Do you know that I really love summer?




I think I'm really going to like not  being pregnant in the summer!


I took the kids to the pool and sat on the edge while Arwen was my "lifeguard" in the water for Eowyn.


She got some pictures while she was there.  I'm pretty happy with the progress my kids are making on the swim front.  I really love it when I know they can swim.  Just kind of need that if you're going to take, say, 8 or 9 children to a pool!



It's hard to keep from wishing away the summer days that should be savored when you are also waiting for a baby to arrive--every hour, every moment, every contraction!


I am thankful for this summer, for the break it has given me from the work of teaching, for the opportunity it has afforded me to put some order in the corners of my home, for the time it has given me to carefully consider (and lengthily talk about) Arwen's high school education plans.  And, soon, VERY soon I hope, for the weeks it will give me to bring a new baby into our family and grow into a new family with five sons and four daughters.


Keep praying for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment