2) There's a back corner to our yard that slopes downward. It, too, was a sheet of ice. The "hill" is not really big enough to sled down, but as a sheet of ice, it definitely worked!
|Sam watching through the window|
3) Basketball season is allllmost over. Last practices were this week. One more weekend in March before it's officially done. I'll miss it, but I can't wait! Most of all, it's a sign that winter is passing and Spring is on it's way.
4) One week into Lent and I realize I am really bad at fasting. Of course, I knew this. I always dreaded Ash Wednesday and Good Friday, just because I'm SUCH a grazer! But I'm surprised at my efforts at limited fasting this lent and how attached I am to, say, my nighttime snacks. Or the vanilla latte. Got a ways to go till Easter, though, so I'll keep on a tryin'!
5) Thinking about rhythms of life and the chaos that can be homeschooling a family of 9 children. I REALLY need to learn some big lessons in "delegation", and how to administrate those duties with sincerity. Translation? Chore chart. Or the verbal equivalent. And it has to be non-negotiable and time sensitive. "Go. Now." And then I have to call my husband in to make the kids realize I'm serious.
Makes me think this would have gone so much better if I had been a more demanding Mom when I was just getting started. I think I tried, but little kids are only so capable, so I sort of got used to doing a bunch myself. Now they ARE capable, but I am inconsistent in demanding chores of them. Or inconsistent in WHICH chores I demand of any set person. And that is where it all begins to break down. I need accountability! You know what? All those jokes about moms being CEOs? Not really funny.
6) New altar boy cassocks!!
7) Just for the record, Sundays are not officially part of Lent. That's why there are 45 days if you count from Ash Wed to Easter, not just 40. My point? You really ARE supposed to "cheat" on Sunday. I'm just putting that out there.
Now, go have an awesome weekend!