"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

And now I'm "due"


The baby wasn't born on my mother-in-law's predicted date.


 My kids are starting to be disappointed every morning they wake up and I'm still here, still pregnant.   They aren't the only ones.


My to-do list is less appealing to me now than it was a couple of weeks ago.  A chocolate shake from Chick-Fil-A was appealing, though!  Sitting on my back patio watching our new grass grow was also very appealing.  Yes, I'm watching grass grow.


This morning two of our ball players had make up games, so I spent some time cheering Aragorn on to a loss.  He did great.  His team isn't super.  Gatorade and some seats in the shade were very welcome.  I waddled over to a park to try to play with my three youngest.  My bladder keeps these types of efforts short lived.  Not that you want to hear about anyone's bladder.


Thunderstorms are predicted for tonight.  Tonight.  That's my guess!  I can wait one more day.  I've waited for this baby for 9 months.  I'm so ready.  We are all so ready to meet him!  Keep me in your prayers--I'd love the next picture I post to be of a beautiful newborn boy!

Photo credits: Arwen
playing with "white balance" for her photography class in the last three shots

No comments:

Post a Comment