"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

A First Mass

After the Ordination in Europe, my brother, a newly ordained priest, was allowed a "home visit" and a chance for all of us to attend his "First Mass".


The coordinator of the altar boys was kind enough to swap dates so that my boys could serve for their Uncle.


And it was the perfect opportunity for an extended-family "photo op".  As you might imagine, a group this size is hard to assemble, much less photograph very often!



We scored a family photo, too.  It will be no longer current as soon as Mr. #9 arrives, but I'll take it!

Then there was a reception in the parish hall.


Besides the cake that I'm drooling over right now as I post pictures,


there were the "first blessings", which carry with them a plenary indulgence!  As you can imagine, there was a nice line for those as well as the cake!




The kids behaved themselves very well!  (And might have had a little fun while they were at it.)


My amazing sister gets credit for bringing two of the most darling children in tow, my extra-glorious nieces (minus one):


She had five (children) in tow, total, and still managed to look glamorous herself.  #somepeople, #supermom, #I'minhugetroublewhenthisbabycomes!


It was a day to treasure and I'm so thankful we had the chance to celebrate such a beautiful day with family, friends, and the parish community.  


No comments:

Post a Comment