"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Baby Waiting

I'm 38 weeks today--and feeling it.  Lots of nice Braxton-Hicks contractions letting me know that my body is gearing up; lots of elbows and shoulders and knees and toes letting me know that the baby is gearing up too!

Bilbo just told me: "I wish there was such a thing as a $30 bill.  Because there's so many things that are $30."  It's 7:15 am.  He's thinking too big of thoughts for me as I'm only half way through my first cup of coffee!

My nesting has gone from methodical to random and rather frantic.  I told you I'd made it through the kids bedrooms and upstairs in general.  Yesterday I made my husband move the baby crib into our room (he thinks this is unnecessary because we co-sleep, but it is NOT unnecessary, I assure you.  I will put the baby down in the crib as I dress and shower, and if he'll sleep there, and it will be far safer for him than being on my bed where any wild child or toddler might decide to leap on any given morning--it happens!)  Then I made Aragorn push in an extra dresser (because we upsized the boys' dresser with a super awesome one from Ikea) because I really don't have a "baby dresser".  Then I pulled in the changing table with baskets, that is what I use as the baby dresser, except now I have one, so it will be more of just a changing table.  Anyway, then I put the baby's clothes from the laundry basket where they were washed, folded, and waiting to the dresser.

Is this a fun post for anyone besides me?

Wait: it gets better!

Because then I decided to detail my linen closet!  Woohoo!  Wait! Where are you going? Hey! Come back!  You don't want to hear about it? Not even the fact that I practiced great detachment in parting with a large bag full of extra sheeting that I had acquired over the years?  And then I had the ingenious idea to pack away the flannel sheets in a bin rather than to fold them into the closet?

Ok.  I'll stop.

And I don't even have any photos to make this blog more fun to read!

I could re-post something from the archives...nah.

Just quit if you've heard enough out of me.  I'll wrap this up by saying that I failed to make dinner and my family headed off to the baseball games for the evening without dinner.  My husband said it was too hot to eat and the kids had just had popsicles.  I somewhat lamely wished Gimli and Hubby a good game from the couch (of course this is where the above day landed me!)

Then I boiled some noodles, threw on some sauce and tried to feed some "middles" and "littles" who ate with varying interest.  Then I loaded them up (the kids Galadriel and down--so, five of them) and drove to Aragorn's game to cheer him on in his first chance to pitch in this new league.

After settling down on a blanket and encouraging Aragorn on through his pitching, a time or two at bat, and an inning on first, I succumbed to the pressure of Galadriel who desperately wanted to see Gimli's game.  We loaded up the van and drove down the road to the other game, where Gimli was having a ridiculously easy time in his league.  He should really play up with Aragorn like he did last year, but I'm not sure if the league would let him.

Anywhoo...my awesome Mom was there with my nieces, and at this point the heat and humidity gave way to a cool breeze.  We chatted and it was amazing.

Home, baths, beds.  And that's your super awesome update.  I know you can't wait for another post!

(I promise I won't do this to you again--at least not without pictures!)


No comments:

Post a Comment