"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, June 5, 2016

37 Weeks and Counting

My computer has been down for a while, so, sorry for the blog silence.  I have so many fun pictures to share, but with my main computer compromised, you'll just have to make due with the ones I happened to have ready.  Working on this...

I've been so busy since Arwen's return from Europe that all of my long posts that I planned on writing about her amazing experience have just...not happened.


We finished school right before Memorial Day.  We have been doing math every day, though.  Arwen really needed to complete her year's work, but the other kids need to keep up their skills, even if they did finish for the year.  I'm guessing we'll keep this up right until the baby sabotages all of our structures of order and progress in the home. ;) 


Summer, the week we've had of it, has been amazing.  The kids have been outside for many hours each day, Bilbo and Rosie are king and queen of the frog pond, and they bring home a new friend just about every day.  I've got a plastic tupperware bin in our garage that acts as "home away from home" for the frogs until I make them take them back.  

This was "Hopper", the first frog friend to grace our home  garage 
I have been too busy indoors to worry too much about what's going on outside...unless of course I'm directing the mulching effort in our yard!  I'm going to have to post about that in another post--our backyard basically lost all grass whatsoever over the past few years, and now we're attempting to fix that!  The mulch portion is complete, now my husband has to haul dirt and seed.

This is Pip, the rascal rabbit who runs away at every chance, but he's "trapped" while on a table top.   These bunnies put up with all kinds of "love"!
Indoors I've been a one-woman to-do list!  I cleaned the boys' and girls' rooms, including their closets.  Then I finally (finally!!) got to my room, which is officially ready for a crib!  Eowyn has been in her toddler bed in the girls' room for about two weeks now, so it's official: the crib gets passed down!


 After I dumped Arwen's suitcase Arwen cleaned out her suitcase post-trip, I snagged it and officially put together a bag for the hospital.  The baby will officially have something to come home in, and I will too!  My labors go fast--there is no time for packing once the contractions hit!


 Unless of course we're talking about the month of contractions I always have!  We had a severe thunderstorm pass through tonight and I truly thought it might just throw me into labor!  I am SO sensitive to weather at the end of my pregnancies--my last three babies were born in rainstorms.  Things are getting exciting.

In the meantime, Saturday was all day at the ballpark with "opening day" for Aragorn, Gimli, and Galadriel.

Phew!  Count yourself updated!:)





No comments:

Post a Comment