"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

39 Weeks

My computer died, and then my phone died.  I have no pictures, so...boring blog posts.  Or in this case, no blog posts (sorry for my absence).  I guess I haven't been very inspired lately.  Do I sound like a weary pregnant lady?

A few updates as to what I've been up to (since I am pretty sure I haven't seen the outside of my home since I went to the birth center with false labor at midnight a few days ago).

1) crawling on my hands and knees around the family room rug.  My baby keeps rolling posterior, and we want him anterior, preferably.   It's all hands and feet when he's face-up, so I know when he's not looking the right way!

2) week 1 down with swimming lessons, but Galadriel had to bail.  Her tubes in her ears from last summer's surgery are letting water into her sinuses and causing air bubbles to plug (and cause painful popping in) her ears.  We're working on finding good ear plugs and possibly seeing her doctor for the second time this month.

3) planting the final flowers of the summer.  I did this the day before my "false alarm"...maybe no gardening in 100 degree humidity at 38 weeks pregnant.  #lessonslearned, #crazynester

4) binge reading "The Paradise Project" by Suzie Andres.  It's a Catholic must-read (especially for those who were taught by her husband!)  I'm a big fan of Suzie Andres, she just doesn't know it yet.  I'm going to buy this book for my sisters and nieces--it's just too fun!

5) drinking coconut water and eating dark chocolate.  Apparently my electrolytes might be a little low (I've been told this in past pregnancies as well).  Coconut water has tons of potassium.  I never knew this before.  Dark chocolate?  Good for iron I guess.  My midwife recommends it and I'm happy to oblige!

6) missing baseball games, but doing some driving.  I really can't spend two hours at games keeping the little ones happy--I don't have the energy at this point.  My husband does as much driving as he can to help me out, but when he's coaching I do have to make runs to the local parks to get my players to and fro.  I'm working on earlier dinner times so we can eat together before the players have to run at night.  I'm still operating on school-day hours, and that means I'm getting dinner ready as they're leaving for games.  I really hate not eating together, so, 4pm means I better be cooking!

That's about it! My 39 week update.  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment