"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Up and Running!

No, I'm not running, and I'm not always "up"...the couch is my very good friend these days.  Actually, I'm supposed to be taking this "running position" on my right side with a pillow between my legs in order to get Mr. 9 to face the right direction (back!).


These pictures are intentionally blurry.  Arwen's taking her photography course and one of her assignments was to play with fast and slow shutter speeds.


I am very thankful for this photography class...it forced Arwen to get our nice camera charged and ready for when our baby arrives.  An added bonus is that you might get something better than iPhone pics one of these days!:)

I love this one of Eowyn--it looks like we have fairies dancing on our lawn!  Eowyn was happy to oblige her big sister in the search for a perfect action shot: she (Eowyn) is obsessed with Angelina Ballerina these days.  In fact, she corrected me this morning when I called her by her given name.  She informed me that she is Angelina.


Of course the fact that my daughter (and any number of siblings) have been averaging 2 hours of Angelina or Curious George a day has 100% to do with the fact that I'm 9 months pregnant and nothing to do with my philosophy of good parenting.  I keep telling my husband we need to get rid of our TV.  I have no will power when combining whining tired toddlers, a messy house, the need for dinner on the table, and my pregnancy body.
 
(Two girls pictured here: Galadriel is the blur! haha)

Here's a fast shutter speed for ya: a little relief on the eyes! It's been hot, so on Father's Day I sent my beloved spouse (#bestdadever) to Target for a mini pool and water guns.


This one's random, but I sort of loved it.  Those "side bangs"? Courtesy of Legolas.  Yep.  You know I love how they fall out of her pony and make her look like a constant mess.  #bigfamilyproblems


So now you know I should be posting again.  Keep looking for the new baby update--I really am going to have this baby, right?  I mean, he can't stay in forever can he?  Please send prayers if you think of me!


1 comment:

  1. No he can't stay in there forever. Hang in there. We got rid of our TV about 8 years ago and are very happy and pleased about it. Stay as cool as you can and I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete