"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Progress in the Schoolroom


 In case anyone is wondering how our addition is coming along...

They've started to drywall.  Here is the framed out opening from our dining room area--the doorway will be the space on the far right, and the two wooden posts will be wall.  It's nice because it extends our dining "room" wall where there used to be a sliding door out to the porch.


The doorway will not have a door, and will be slightly more gracious than a usual (32-inch?) doorway.  It's about 40 inches and will just be framed out.  I thought long and hard about this, and I think I'll like the open flow with the house, and the space to be able to carry armfulls of school "stuff" in and out with more ease.

 Same wall from the flip side:  Sadly, the brick will all be coverd, but I want to be able to hang things on that inside wall (white board, maps), which will be the "front" of the classroom.


So, here it is all insulated--and the door is on now!  Mmmm...that's it for now...stay tuned!



No comments:

Post a Comment