"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, August 21, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} August

{Pretty}


Making the most of the summer blooms, Galadriel put the hydrangeas in Arwen's hair.  That girl will turn anything into an accessory!  

acrylic by Arwen (uncompleted)

Arwen and I went to a mother/daughter night at a local art studio.  I thought the girls were the only ones who would be painting.  I imagined Arwen showing off her talent (above) while I chatted with my friends.  Not so.  I resorted to doing what I do best: doodling...except with acrylic.  I was stressed the entire time and relieved when it was over.  Here are my flowers:


{still pretty, and happy}



 I hung this little shelf in the corner of my kitchen and it makes me so happy!  I think the Mary is unique, and I love how she and baby Jesus are smiling--just happy to be together.  She's my official "kitchen madonna" and I love her!

I have no "funny" or "real" pictures to show yet, but I'll update this if I get some.  Somehow I'm bad at filling all of the catagories each week (what's wrong with me?!), and yet, I enjoy blogging along with Like Mother Like Daughter.  So, I'll link up until someone is on to me and I get kicked off!  Shhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment