"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, August 10, 2015

August Daybook


I am listening to:

jack-hammering, power saws, and hammers.   The walls are going up after a delay last week (waiting on the building inspector's approval).  I'm renewing my hope and prayers that the addition will be ready for us around the beginning of the school year.


And to Curious George.  It was a late night at my dad's birthday party last night...some 3-year-old-someone needed something to stop the crying. 

Outside my window:

Let's see, a sheet metal company truck, a few "worker men's" cars, and the garbage man.  Also, a folding table and chairs that we lent my Mom for the cookout last night, which need to be hauled in.  Hmmm...oh yes! And my windowbox flowers!! I hate to sound proud, but this is by far the best my windowbox flowers have ever grown!!  Ok, I'll show them again: 




Growing every day:

 Black is just so darn hard to photograph!




She can sit, "down", shake, "twirl", and we're working on "roll-over".  Now...if I can keep her from stealing food off of the table and getting into the trash....she might keep her home. ;)

Making me happy:


 I love this little back corner of our house.  A vine grew along this old door that we never use.  It's right by the bunny hutches; so sweet.  Keeping my peace is all about noticing little glimmers of beauty amidst the mess and wildness of the day-to-day.


 Plans for this week:

Galadriel has her post-surgery check-up this morning.  I am hoping for a clear bill of health and the official "end" to that part of our summer.  It is so so nice to have that behind us!

We have to make it to the State Fair this week!  Maybe I'll get ya some nice livestock photos!;)  I wish we were showing our bunnies...maybe another year.




Prayers, please:

Our sweet neighborhood friend had a spinal tap last week.   I think she is in good health, but she's had to be rushed to the ER twice due to complications from the tap (nausea and back pain).  Just a quick prayer that she's all better now!



No comments:

Post a Comment