"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, August 27, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} Not-Back-to-School!

{Pretty}


With early-this-week's cool weather (it was in the 60's!) the deer were out eating the crabapples from our neighbor's yard!  




{Happy}

Can you see all three bunnies? Zorro's black, but you can see a piece of her.

 School starts for the local Catholic schools tonight, with supplies drop-off and social.  It starts in earnest on Monday.  We are going to wait to start until Labor Day.  I love seeing my children enjoy the last days of summer in the yard with their friends.

No nap today, and we've switched our our choice of weapon.


{Funny}

Do you see the bunny going up into the tree house?



{Real}



Have you all discovered the wonder of kinetic sand?! It's a must.  Why is this "real"? Well, Legolas is playing with his sand during the family rosary, on his beanbag, in our living room.  Anything to get in a family rosary with the littles!

---


I love this Mary in our woods.   I see her from the house and she consoles me.  I'm sad.  I know that hormones are playing their role, and I'm not quite a week from the miscarriage.  But sometimes, I just think of what was supposed to be, and what is now.  I know that God has it all in His loving plan.

"The Lord gives and the Lord taketh away, blessed be the Name of the Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment