"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Wanna See the Sibs?

I've been having SO much fun watching Reina's siblings' pictures come in!  The breeder asked that we all write in and share a little about our first year.

Reina was one of only three black puppies in the litter of 8.  The rest were golden.  I personally would have chosen a golden puppy, but my kids insisted they wanted black.


After seeing all of the pictures come in, and loving how cute each of the dogs turned out to be at a year old, I have to say that I think my kids were right! I love Reina the best! (But of course, I'm prejudiced).

On to the photos!

This was the first picture to come in--definitely more curly than Reina.

image4.JPG

This one was more "red golden" and...maybe curlier still?

image1.JPG


The golden one is Reina's brother, the black one is her BIG SISTER (from the first litter!)
This family loved their first dog so much, they got a second with the last litter.  I think both look a lot like Reina.  More wavy/fluffy coats than tight poodle curls.

image1.jpeg

This one cracks me up, but reminds me of how much Reina loved the snow this winter!

image1.jpeg

Again, one of the curlier puppies--just a bit more of that poodle coat:

image1.jpeg

And here's Reina hanging out with us last night:


A couple more with her brother and BFF Casey:

You can see how curly his coat is--he just got shaved down, too.  (Reina's sitting)




This has been an awesome year!

(That's only 6 of the 8 puppies, so I'll upload if the other owners share more).
**We're up to 7 of the 8.  Just the final black puppy is left to update:)


No comments:

Post a Comment