"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

PHFR: Spring is Here!

{Pretty}




I'm officially declaring it Spring.  It snowed here last Friday morning, and I have photo evidence of that, but the gracious Lord spared us from ever setting eyes on it!  By three in the afternoon it had all melted.  That was when we returned from our Southwest journey.

Since then, the weather has only gotten warmer.  We decided that mid-April was the acceptable time to move the rabbit hutches out of our garage.  So, it's official: it's Spring!


{Happy}

Still.  So, so happy to be home!

With our tulips not-yet-blooming...

 Today I took my "primary grades" crew and headed out to our picnic table with our workbooks.  Schooling out of doors is so heavenly after 6 months of winter.
 

Counting down the pages left in our workbooks--Bilbo has 10 pages left in his speller!  That's about two weeks of work, but as he said "If I do more than one page a day..."  Yep! Summer's a-comin'!  (I didn't point out what he has left in his math workbook!  One hates to discourage;))

{Funny}

Legolas and Eowyn have been taking turns telling me all the plans they have for their little brother who is due in June:

Legolas: "I'll feed him".
Eowyn: "I'll get him juice with a top!"
Legolas: "I'll share my toys!"
Eowyn: "I'll share my baby (doll)."
Legolas: "I'll help him play with the dog."

I'm just going with it.  I hate to tell them that all they'll be able to do is look at him sleep for a good while.  Babies do grow fast, and this little guy has a bright future ahead of him!:)

{Real}

I bribed Aragorn and Gimli with mini-chocolate bars that were leftover after filling Bilbo's pinata for his birthday party this Saturday.  They folded laundry for them.  
Yes, I resorted to bribery to get housework done.  And that is how I'm getting it done in my third-trimester.  Judge as you will. :)



2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness, those rabbits!!!!!
    i love how children make plans for the arrival of a new baby, just like we do. and just like us the first time (s) it we ont work out quite like they imagined ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our tulips are already dying off! California's springtime comes and goes so quickly you hardly even notice it was here. Hoping yours pop up soon!

    ReplyDelete