"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday Morning Daybook::Gathering my Thoughts


Outside my window:  Clear and crisp.  A perfect Spring morning with 70's predicted all week.  It's in the 30's with clouds, rain and snow predicted back home.  I get homesick when I am on an extended visit to my in-laws, but honestly, the weather is helping me on that front!

 

Lessons learned:  If you ever go to the Southwest, and are not from there, take this advice:  know that it is VERY VERY dry!  So, lip balming is not a once-a-day activity.  Nor is using lotion optional.  Two or three of my girls developed bad rashy sores from dry skin before I got serious about using Vaseline and Vaseline-based lotion on them.  Aragorn's hands were cracked and bleeding again last night, so I lubed him up in Vaseline and put socks over his hands.  Better this morning.  Geez.  Serious dryness.  


#doggieheaven

 I'm sending Arwen out to get better pictures.  I am a terrible photographer and I'm just going to admit it!


Plans for the week:  Let's see...laundry and packing, shipping boxes home ahead of us so we have less to travel with as we make the trek home later this week.  Soaking in sunshine and enjoying the last meals with the kids' grandparents--meals I am not planning or cooking!  Trying to remember to count my blessings while I'm here, but I might just post about trying to eat healthily while eating out for a MONTH!!  And not so much my eating as my 5-and-under crew.  Let's just say I've gotten a little more heavy-handed in ordering for them, because what toddler will ever choose chicken and broccoli over mac-n-cheese?!

On that note: Do you know that eating out as a family of ten (and prego Mom) is a super great evangelistic tool?  I had to laugh last night as the waitress asked "Are these all you-guyses?"  She was bagging up our boxes of take-homes, so I thought maybe she meant the food...I said "yes".  She asked if we were planning on going for more.  At that point I realized she meant children.  "Due in June!" I said.  She congratulated us and we left her a nice tip.


Looking Ahead:  Baseball season starts up pretty soon, and my husband is coaching Gimli this year.  Aragorn has moved up to an older league.  Arwen wants to play softball, and for that matter, so does Galadriel.  We have to look at schedules, and due dates, and see what we can make happen.  For that matter, I need to see if softball would overlap with swimming lessons (and Galadriel has aspirations of joining swim team this summer).  Did I say we weren't going to keep doing this to ourselves??!!
One thing I know: Rosie gets to play soccer next fall and no one else gets to do anything!!! (#herturn)

[Arwen is reading over my shoulder--she just casually mentioned "hashtags are out of fashion"--#teens, #Iamoutoffashion!]


[Arwen also said I've "posted way too many pictures of that rug".  Now that I can explain: it's my view from the couch and if I were to use an old-fashioned hashtag, I'd label it "third trimester y'all"!]

I might add to this post later, but I want to get another one off before we trek back home.  Here's to a good start to the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment