"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Livin' Large (A Quick Pregnancy Update)

So you know I am the Mom of 8 children with #9 due in...9 weeks.  I'm 31 weeks pregnant today.


I am hugeormous.  I really really wish I could compare myself to where I was at with the last couple of pregnancies at 31 weeks, but if I had to guess, I'd say this baby is going to be somewhere between nine and forty-five pounds at birth!  Death by explosion doesn't sound unrealistic to me at this point.


Yesterday I was letting Reina (our labradoodle) play with her brother (who our neighbors bought) in the yard kitty-corner from ours, and the two swooping beasts managed to trip me.  Now, I'm none-too-athletic these days, but I have always had fairly good balance.  Well, pride fell hard yesterday and I did too: I totally wiped out in front of my neighbor.  Can you imagine the scene?  Remember how BIG I am.  It's funny, unless you are the big prego who is flailed on the grass!  Anyway, I'm "fine"...my hip is sore.  Sheesh.

Flash forward to scene #2: my husband and I at a car wash.  We had to detail the inside of our car before trading it in.  Yes: another UP-grade.  This time from a 12- to a 15-passenger van.  And you know that's going to be fun! lol  (Actually, my kids view this event with nearly the anticipation they have for Christmas!)


Well, I was manning the industrial vacuum provided but rather quickly ran out of strength.  I traded with my husband and went for window cleaner and towels instead.  Then I got out the floor mats and had them on the ground so I could spray and scrub those.  Right--have you seen a pregnant woman squatting beside a van scrubbing mats lately?  Ok, so I'm also the laugh of the town...and I got a round ligament pull to boot!

I'm hoping to make it through the rest of this pregnancy without making any more public spectacles of myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment