"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Bunnying

I think we're pretty much through the freezing temps for the season.  I'm not sure what that means for everyone else, but for me it means the rabbits can move OUT of our garage!!! Hurray!!!


I have this weird little thing about my garage.  I like it to be clean and organized.  I like to sweep it out regularly.  The thing about me is that I like strange jobs, like cleaning bathrooms, but hate normal chores, like dishes.


Bunnies are a great excuse for me to work outside and get some fluffy cuddling in.  My mom thinks the rabbits are fat, smelly, and dirty.   For me? It's like therapy!!

This little rascal got out of the fencing I put her in.  My husband caught her--can you tell he doesn't enjoy handling them? lol

The fencing for the outdoor pens got all rusted over the winter (we didn't really bring it in--lesson learned).  I'll work on replacing it soon.

Clearing out leaves and general debris from the backyard to make room for the hutches:




All of these rabbits are about 1-year-old.  They are shedding like crayzee after the winter, but I know that will stop once the winter coats are gone.



And, just for good measure, a couple of our other species of pet:

Puppy love:
 
Just ignore the random messes in the background of these pictures.  Arwen took them and she's not nearly as vain as I am about my housekeeping. ;)

Cat naps:


Legolas is the king of falling asleep anywhere at nap time.  He was actually asleep without the pillow and blanket when I found him (and Reina) on our back room floor.  I supplied the pillow and blanket because I just couldn't bear to watch him sleep on the floor!

I know everyone is sick of hearing about my pets.  I have other posts saved in my drafts.  It's just easy to whip up a post about bunnies.  Things like pregnancy and home schooling and facing high school decisions take more time and consideration to blog about.

Time.  That's what gets me.  So, for today, it's bunnies:).


No comments:

Post a Comment