"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Saturday


My in-laws are coming for a visit this coming week so I may not be able to post for a bit.

I probably should have been cleaning, scouring, and otherwise perfecting my home for them, but today I woke up sick.  Just a cold, but enough to make me achey and maybe a little crabby.


Last night I was out late with my littles at a baseball game.  (Aragorn hit a homer and Gimli got a triple. Yay!)  They had another game this morning at 8 am.  Did I mention my husband coaches them? So he had to make a line-up this morning before they left.


Unfortunately, Eowyn had an ear ache last night and cried for quite awhile around 4 am.  I got up for the day at 5, and made ham and eggs before the ball players left.


I napped this afternoon.  After that I worked in the yard (that's my stress therapy) thinking of the clothes I should be packing away inside. But I couldn't bring myself indoors: it was a beautiful day!  So I worked until Eowyn wouldn't let me put her down again (and I was hot and dirty anyway).  Then I showered and we went out for Mexican as a family (because I still maintain that avoiding kitchen messes is as good as a day spent cleaning said kitchen!).


Do you see the tadpole in the front corner? I think his name is "Kip" and the fish is "Gillbert"

I grocery shopped yesterday, so there is food for when my parents-in-law arrive.  And I got flowers for the mantle in a small effort to make things pretty.

My husband tells me that his parents are coming to be with us, and that they don't care about the house.   I'm going with that.  (Don't be fooled: we'll get it spiffy before they come in.)

(I'll let you know how it goes!);)

No comments:

Post a Comment