"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Gone Missing

I haven't posted much lately....

Let's see, we lost power and water on Aragorn's birthday.
photo credit: Arwen (neighbors' Irises)

We celebrated his 12th, golden, birthday.
for my Texas Rangers fan

We celebrated my niece's birthday the next day.  Arwen got sick and spent that day on the couch. The boys went to a baseball game, after playing one.

Bilbo got sick on the top bunk that night.  That wasn't the vomit incident referred to a couple of posts back.  That was Eowyn.

We potty trained Legolas.  Signed a contract for house work.  Discovered Galadriel needs her tonsils and adenoids out and tubes in her ears this summer.  Began swimming lessons.





And we transitioned Eowyn into her own room.

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember.  (Or keep up.)  Wait: my in-laws are coming on Sunday!

And...we're still thinking about that little black puppy...not quite ready for its home yet...



but almost!!


This is "Bonnie" and she's the one we have reserved for us.  I am gearing myself up for the work that is a puppy in the home, but Aragorn is my #1 reason to agree to have her.  It's all sorts of wonderful to have your 12 year old son see her picture and smile and comment on her cute, "chubby legs".  Gimli was saying she'd bark and Aragorn defended: "no, she's not going to be like that: she's sweet!"

I love a boy with a warm spot in his heart for a little furry friend.    Nevertheless, I'm bracing myself for the reality that lies ahead.

Crayyze! Crazy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment