"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real}

{Pretty}
We made a clover crown for Coconut. As long as the grass isn't cut...we may as well make the most of our "fields of clover"!



{Happy}


Finally!  Summer is here!  Our first attempt at getting out the pool. Ah, the anticipation! 

 {Funny}

Somebody else likes to finish off leftover cake.  Like her mother.:)



she wasn't about to fall, she was just really excited!

{Real}

Judge me if you will, my children caught a chipmunk.  This is something of a common childhood activity for those of us who live in the Midwest.  There are tons of these guys everywhere, and they're pretty easy to catch.  



My kids named him, took pictures, and then released him into the woods.  

In the Southwest we do the same thing with skinks (oh yes we do)!

No comments:

Post a Comment