"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, June 5, 2015

It must be summer {pretty, happy, funny, real} a day late…real, right?



{pretty}


Arwen is working on her photography again this spring.  The boon for me is I get to steal her pictures!



I have a new blog that I just love.  It's "Vine of Plenty".  I downloaded this free psalm printable from her blog, but I can't share it on instagram (as requested) since I don't have an account.   I thought I'd share it here and keep it up through the summer as the new psalms are added each week (I think??)  Check it out.


And a selfie of my little photographer.  I love it when she wears blue--it brings out her eyes. Pretty:).

{happy}

I considered making "baseball season!" my "real"…because with four in baseball or softball, the schedule definitely means "keeping it real."  But when I see this:
Bilbo, catcher

and this:
Gimli--"hit!"
and both of my big boys doing this:

(these are both Gimli, but Aragorn is also a powerhouse on the mound (if I do say so myself!:))
it makes me very happy.  I'm a proud Mama and I love to cheer for my kids.  Thank heavens I actually enjoy sports, playing and watching, or I'd be miserable!LOL  It's a long season, but I'm trying to focus on the positive;)

{funny}

see how I have the fence partitioned? Take note. (Here Rosie is feeding them dandelion leaves).

"zorro" (in black), a girl

"Pip", a boy




My funny is the segregation of my bunnies--boys with boys and girls with girls.  I am vigilant--vigilant I tell you--on what I call "purity patrol".    Having four rabbits is working for us, with Aragorn in charge of two (one double hutch) and Arwen in charge of two (the other double hutch), but I am not ready to add to the numbers!
{real}

Still keeping her busy as I work in the kitchen.  Busy busy busy. (The little stinker. If she's not on my hip she thinks the world is against her).

whatever it takes

Don't let the smile fool you--that girl.  Real.

1 comment: