"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, June 29, 2015

Monday Musings in June

I am listening to: silence.  My kids are all outside!  Sometimes, I just love summer!


Around the house:

a new member of the household joined us on Saturday.  Reina has been...an angel!


My future running partner:


She may look sporty, but a few turns around the yard and she flops down and sleeps!




Do you know how difficult it is to photograph a black dog?

Contemplating:

But in this pain our God comes to us. The Gospel tells us that we will never understand God’s victory, we will never understand Easter, until we face Good Friday. Remember what Mary did when they took her Son away. “At the Cross her station keeping,” says the old hymn. We need to stand at the foot of the cross with Mary, stay right there looking at Jesus, and not run away. Because the road to Easter runs through Calvary.  

you can read the rest here


Reading: Can I recommend St. John Paul the Great: His Five Loves?

I just started it, but it's easy reading, and really really inspiring. I'll share more if I can, after I've read past the first chapter.

In the garden: I have given up.  Planting in the earth isn't happening for me this summer (or at least not now.)  I've bought planters, hanging pots, potted flowers.  I get my flowers, and all I have to do is water them.  Happy.


Don't forget: it's Monday!! I can't tell you how I love all of the beautiful scripture filling my home this summer.  My 7 year old said he had the first psalm almost memorized! 


A few plans for the week:  swimming lessons, baseball games, softball games...training a 9 week old puppy new tricks, like sleeping through the night...


Still loving:  the curls!  (last one, promise!)



No comments:

Post a Comment