"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, June 22, 2015

"In-Laws Visiting" Daybook




I am listening to...

Arwen reading to Gramz in the living room.  Over the past three years of visits they've made it through all of The Hobbit and two books of The Lord of the Rings.  Because you're never to old to learn? Because my Mother-in-law has the patience of a SAINT!!!

and..."Papa" snoring on the couch.  It's a long day of travel from New Mexico!

I am thinking...

Please, please don't rain again!! It is always (always) awful weather when my in-laws visit.  Last week was perfect weather here. This morning: severe thunderstorms.   Really, can you compete with the Southwest for sunshine and blue skies?



Plans for today...

If it doesn't rain again, Bilbo has a baseball game. We hit the Lego exhibit at the mall this morning. Right now Legolas is napping and the kids are running around outside.

made of legos!
I just noticed...

Gimli has fallen asleep next to Papa on the couch.
the "Liberty Bell"
Giving thanks...

for safe travels, for time with our beloved grandparents/parents/in-laws, and...that my husband didn't inherit his dad's snoring!;)


 for receiving my first checks from the books I sold on the Curriculum Hop!  Over $100!! Plus, shelf space?! Thank you!!! 



I promise this will be the last time I mention these guys (for a while), but there was a Lego model of Miller Park, replete with...yes...the racing sausages!! Do you see them in there?!!! 

Don't miss yours!!...

It's Monday: Vine of Plenty has the newest Psalm for the Summer ready for you to download!  I LOVE having scripture quotes filling my walls this summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment