"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, April 13, 2018

Easter Season

*** Blogging isn't really happening in my life right now...I've been working on this post for some time, so just ignore any time references, or adjust accordingly  :)

Easter did happen.  I just don't have any photo-documentation of it.  A man put in charge of photographing our parish egg hunt snapped the one and only almost-family photo we got.  Seven of the nine kids and one of two parents. I'll take it!

Missing myself, Galadriel, and Bilbo
 So, since Easter is all about the Resurrection and New Life, I figure pictures of my new niece and the little chicks that arrived at "Aunt Buffy's" farm will do:

First, my sweet niece was born during Holy Week and was baptized on Divine Mercy Sunday.



Then the fuzzy chicks that arrived the Thursday before Easter?, or was it after? :




Back at home, the Easter Bunny delivered us some pretty new friends.  We have had such great luck with keeping Beta fish.  It is absolutely crazy how much we love fish, but my kids love watching them and feeding them.  They really last years if you don't do something to kill them, like overfeed them.  Our last fish was about 3 years old when my toddler dumped a ton of food in.  I didn't catch it early enough, so it died, and we were all bummed.  So, this Easter seemed like a good time to get another.


Typical of me, I saw this super cool waterfall effect aquarium for Beta, with three separate tanks.  So, I justified buying three Betas.  My kids divided them up as their personal fish and named them.  I'll get more pictures soon--there are rocks and plants in the tanks now.  All still alive and happy.  Cheerful little friends.  I guess you'd have to be a fish person to understand.


In my next post I'm going to write about Arwen's Confirmation this week!  But I'm totally out of time.  Odd post, perhaps, but: I posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment