"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

June!

I am going to admit it: I'm a flower junkie.  A total addict, and it's starting to cost me.


I am not sure if I will be doing any more flower purchasing, but every year I have to get my fix.  


But I justify my addiction because where I live it is winter for pretty much 6 months out of the year.  No flowers.  No leaves.  That pretty much forces me to celebrate the other 6 months.  The other side of this coin is the fact that my addiction is limited to the 6 months when plants will grow.  I do find my way around this problem by having an inordinate number of houseplants during the winter months.  My husband has simply made his peace with it.  So, we're good.


I always thought fall or winter were my favorite seasons.  Spring is not worth more than a few glorious days in the North.  But I'm going to be honest: Summer is making a big run for first this year.


There are so many reasons for loving summer and I think they all have to do with SUN! Vitamin D.
Oh, and NO SCHOOL!  I think I love dreaming of new school years so much that it's one of my reasons for loving summer.  Here's another: the school kids are HOME! Do you know how amazing the world would be without kids in school?  Ok, my neighborhood is an exception, so I'll just say how amazing it would be for me.  My kids go outside and play all day, leaving my home...emptier and quieter.  Add in the fact that I don't have the obligation to TEACH them, and I'm practically on vacation.  Do not tell me that this is what it would be like if they were in school.  No.  My kids wouldn't be in my backyard making mud baths.  They'd be off in some building down the road.  I'd miss them.  I'd be sad.  So, homeschooling and summer vacations it is!


Remember this little set from last year?  They're back at the Littlest Pet Shop routine again!


 I pretty much try to spend as much time as I can outside with Sam, who is always happy in a swing or stroller.

Now, don't let this post fool you, life around here has been ridiculously crazy wild and busy.  This is just the highlights of the "savoring" moments.  An excuse to put up some summer fun pictures.  I might tell you what I've really been up to, but that's going to have to wait for another post!

No comments:

Post a Comment