"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day


Pictures make everything look so glamorous.  It's a complaint about blogs that you can photo-edit your life to make it look so pretty and perfect.


Truth: this was a sketchy Father's Day at best, but sketchy works when there's enough love to fill in the gaps.  The fruit tart (above) was made from cookie dough leftover from a neighborhood bake-off that Bilbo and Galadriel took part in on Friday.  My husband picked up some cream cheese and berries tonight. I whipped up the frosting and threw on the berries as everyone waited for dinner.


My kids made cards and cleaned while my husband was out for a little bit this afternoon.  The posters were made this morning while he worked out (not ahead of time).

But when 9 children start singing "Happy Father's Day to You" and follow it up with a "Two Four Six Eight, who do we appreciate? Dad! Dad! Yea Dad!" cheer, you can't feel too bad.  That's a big chorus of voices.  And they do, all nine of them, love their wonderful, good, fun, loving father!


Happy Father's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment