"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Overheard: 4-year-old Logic

Our dog stole almost an entire loaf of bread off of our kitchen table last night.  Then she got some chicken bones.  My husband was reading to Legolas and Eowyn while the older kids were watching the Olympics.  He stopped to comment on the nuisance that our dog could be.

Legolas:  "We could get a cat and not have a dog."


-------

I was telling Legolas that we have two Gospel writers as names for our boys and my sister has a third.

Me: "But we have no Mark."

Legolas: "Well, we could just say Mark."


The simple reasoning of this 4 year old, gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment