"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

One Month : another old post

Once again, I have this half-post with some pictures that I thought I'd toss out at you, since apparently my days of regular blogging are over.  I don't think I can find time for a decent conclusion, so just take it for what it's worth! 

There is this phenomenon that is true in my life: the more weighty/momentous the occasion, the more words fail me. 

I am not sure how to comment upon this past month.  

My baby...mmmmm.  The gift.  The glory.  Words to explain?  I'm really just trying to absorb what has been created by God in this new child.  Immortal souls are hard for my finite mind to wrap around.  I sort of stare, hold, and try to absorb...as love grows.


Along those lines, there are things the Lord leads us through to draw us nearer to Him.  I am realizing that the Sacraments (the Eucharist, Confession, and (even) the Anointing of the Sick, in particular) are so necessary for the daily survival of an overwhelmed postpartum mom--I am so glad I don't have to try to do this alone!





No comments:

Post a Comment