"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, August 22, 2016

On the Queenship of Mary


One year ago today, I miscarried my little "Philomena Mary".  (If the baby was a boy, he can go by "Philo" up in heaven.) :)  And I love our little one still. 

 That fleeting little life, that powerful  immortal soul.  I know I have an intercessor in heaven, helping us on, the family still here on earth.  I can't wait until we are ALL together in heaven some day!


Hail, Holy Queen!
 Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope.  To thee do we cry,
poor banished children of Eve.  To thee do we send up our sighs, 
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy towards us
and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus!  
O Clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary, pray for us, o holy Mother of God, that we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.  Amen.


Sam is spitting up on me and fussing as I try to get this post up.  He wouldn't be here if Philomena wasn't called to heaven.

God knows the plans He has for us.

I trust in Him.




"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope."  Jer 29:11


1 comment: