"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

May! {PFHR}

{Pretty}

The days of rain on Tuesday left lots of new Spring growth in its wake.
This is me looking on the bright side, because I'm really longing for more sunshine!


{Happy}



 Galadriel picked out a candle for me for Mother's Day!  It matches my Mary statue and I love it!  (Sugar Blossom is the name of the candle scent--really a winner!)

 

{Funny}

These pictures crack me up, but my story is "not-so-funny":  Coconut had her first "false pregnancy".


For those without experience of such a thing first hand, it entailed her plucking out about half of her fur to make a huge fluffy nest in her cage.  The neighborhood girls were delighted and ran around shouting "Cokey's having babies!"


This left me frantically googling what one does if there is indeed an "unplanned litter".  I was doing the math and the bunnies would have been ready for homes right about the time I was delivering my own little bunny!

However, it was just our crazy female rabbit doing what we crazy females do best: being hormonally wonky!

{Real}

Just hatched this morning!


(the kids are thrilled!)

No comments:

Post a Comment