"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Awaiting Reunion

You saw when the Mama Robin made her nest, and you saw the first chick hatch.  I told you they were about to fly.  And then I might have cried, because my baby was flying to Europe with my parents for the ordination of her uncle.  The longest she had ever been away was about 5 days at a camp that was 40 minutes away (and she was with her cousin).

feathered and ready to fledge

This morning Bilbo came running into my room as I got ready for the day: "Mom! Aragorn's bird flew!"  My boys each picked a bird to name.  Aragorn's was "Gerald", Gimli's was "Buckey", and Bilbo's was "Francie".  I know.  We're nuts.


Today Gerald flew for the first time.  And it was the sweetest thing to watch the Mama Robin greet her chick on the green grass.





I couldn't help but be a little jealous: her chick was safe and sound; on the ground!


Mine is en route!  (prayers again please!)


No comments:

Post a Comment