"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A 6th Birthday for Rosie!

"When I was One, I had just begun.


When I was Two, I was nearly new.


When I was Three, I was hardly me.


When I was Four, I was not much more.


When I was Five, I was just alive.


But now I'm Six, 


And clever as clever,


So I think I'll be Six now 


For ever and ever!"


                                                                             --A.A. Milne, "Now we are Six"

Happy Birthday Rosie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment