"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, May 20, 2016

Fledging

The robins are getting so big in their nest.  I know that soon the young chicks will take off.  They will fly.

Fly!

My heart is so full.  I shouldn't try to blog about this.  I just sent my oldest to the other side of this planet.

I know.  People travel.  Travel is a glorious opportunity and not always possible, so it is a gift.

It was a gift I chose to give to my daughter after much prayer and consideration with my husband.

A gift.  Something good.

But not easy.


Not easy to say goodbye.

 To entrust her care to others (even if it is my own Mom and Dad, and her Uncle!)


Even if she's so lucky to go.  And I'm proud of her for having the courage to go.  And I'm so excited to let her have this chance of a lifetime.

We miss her!  (prayers welcome) :)


1 comment:

  1. Our kids are just getting TOO old! I love the picture of her hugging her dad. Many prayers for a safe trip. What an exciting adventure!

    ReplyDelete