"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Friday, December 11, 2015

Tree!


 I think my favorite thing about having a Christmas tree up is the lights!  I just love the glow of Christmas lights in the early mornings and again in the evenings.


I don't have quite the story I had to tell about "finding the perfect tree" as I did last year.  This year, Eowyn and I had a cold.  I sent my husband and a representative number of children to find our tree.  I was content to decorate whatever tree they might find.:)   And they found a beauty!  It's a 7-8 footer, full, green and very healthy.  I wonder if a new tradition is forming?  There's something nice about the surprise; waiting at home to see what tree will be ours this year!


See the pretty flowers peeking up in the foreground?  A friend surprised me with a bouquet of flowers for my birthday.  I never knew I was such a flower person.  But I am--I really am!  I sort of think of them as frivolous, but every time I look at them: happy!

Also, those felt ball garlands?  I stole the idea from my sister who hung hers last Christmas and left them up all year!  They are just too cute and cheerful.  

Short post this year, but I'm working on another one.  A longer and pretty important one.  But you have to wait until I feel better.  

Advent blessings!

1 comment:

  1. You took a picture of the same snowflake ornament last year! haha
    -Arwen

    ReplyDelete