"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, December 31, 2015

January 1st: Mary, Mother of God

Hap...


Hap..


Happy New Year!!!


Last night my husband and I  popped over to my brother and new sister-in-law's house for a New Year's Eve party.  I bought these little streamers and some party hats for the kids so they could have some fun of their own.  My sister-in-law is Martha Stewart.  Yep, my brother married her.  Except she's way younger and more glamorous than the celebrity you're thinking of.  And no jail record...
(I'm stopping).

Basically, it was an amazing spread of food and I'm probably going to drive myself back for leftovers this morning...except I was home by 9, and I'm pretty sure they rang in the New Year.  Do you think if I give them until 10:30 they'd be up? ;)

Do check out this sophisticated article (brace yourself!) by my way-cooler-than-I hipster brother, who happens to be a monk (and a genius):

8 Days after the Birth of Christ...

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-circumcised-christ/

On this Solemnity of Mary, Mother of God, I am renewing my consecration to her Immaculate Heart.  Might I once again recommend "33 Days to Morning Glory" by Fr. Michael Gaitley (or of course, St. Louis' original version for the more courageous)?  We read the 33 Days with our children last summer and consecrated our family on the feast of the Assumption.  I highly recommend this devotion that was a pivotal point in the life of St. John Paul II.  St. Louis de Montfort's classic True Devotion to Mary takes a bit of work to complete, but the 33 Days is so simple that truly there's no excuse not to do it!  New Year's resolution?  Dooo it!:)

Prayers for a peaceful and blessed New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment