"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

I guess it's time!!

I think all of my readers already know, but to make it official...

I need to make an announcement. :) Our little "Fellowship" is adding a new member.

 Arwen has helped me out.  I was thinking that we really needed a "Sam" (Gamgee). But, since I have a way of knowing these things, I'm pretty sure it's not a Sam.  Arwen came up with the darling new Lord of the Rings character name for me: "Goldberry"! (Tom Bombadil's wife, for those of us who aren't the experts my obsessed children are).

I'm only 12 weeks along, but the violence of my "morning" sickness is my way of knowing if it's a boy or a girl.  We'll probably confirm this (for those of you who are skeptical of my certain knowledge) at our 20 week ultrasound.

If I'm wrong, I'll call our newest addition Sam, but in the meantime, I'll be referring to our little one as Goldberry.

Little Goldberry is due in June, right before the feast of Maria Goretti in early July (I think the 7th).

There's a story I have to tell about our little baby's special patron, but it has to wait.

Right now I have to dash to get ready for Mass and a day full of basketball games!  Telling the story of St. Maria's intercession has been on my to-do list for, well, a trimester!  I'll get there, but this morning, I just really needed to make an official announcement.

Prayers welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment