"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Overheard

I was stringing lights on our Christmas Tree when Legolas (age 3) suddenly said:

"Oh yeah, it's 'Merry Christmas'".

I thought it was cute that he was calling it not just Christmas, but Merry Christmas.  His speech has been a little slower in developing than some of my chatty girls were.

He continued:

"I want something for 'Merry Christmas'!"

At this point I realized that he thought that since we were putting up the tree he thought it was actually Christmas, and I had to try to explain (several times) that Christmas was still two weeks off...

No comments:

Post a Comment