"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Winterizing

I might have been inspired by this post.  Then I got talking to my sister who is all kinds of amazing in the area of online shopping.  a) being inspired and b) having my sister send me a jillion links...was not a great combo for the bank account.  But I must say--I'm feeling wonderfully ready for winter!

Wanna see what she sent me?

Yep--all of this!

These come in a ton of pretty colors:

For the kiddos (the fur trim is removable), my sister swears by this one:


And last but certainly not least, these are beyond adorable (and, more to the point, warm):


But these ones for girls:

This list will put you and your family in good stead for the winter.  You may be able to justify some of the expense (if you are purchasing things along these lines) by the hope that you will be able to keep the heat lower in your home.  I'll let you know if I make my money back.  I haven't bought all of these items myself, but I did dip into some of the flannel sheets...and we have 8 children, 7 of whom are in beds of their own (the 8th is still in a crib).  That's a lot of flannel sheets.  We better have very reduced heating bills if the sheets are to pay for themselves.  But my goodness, they are darling!
 
Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment