"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

My Daybook::October 2015

Outside my window:  The weather has been so incredibly beautiful and perfect!  The leaves are in their full glory and there's just no capturing it on film--especially when the sun shines through the leaves and they look like they're lit up and all aglow from within.



Breath-taking!!
And, this guy is back: 

I just learned that he is a red-tailed hawk.  Arwen took this picture last fall.  This year I am much more alert when it comes to hawks--with all of the outdoor time I like to give my bunnies, I'm paranoid that one of them is going to get carried away!


I am listening to: Voices outside--which is why I can take this moment to blog a little!:)

Catching up:  I had many more updates on our labradoodle puppy over the summer.  Reina is 6 months old now!  For those of you who were enjoying watching her grow, here's a big photo dump to catch us up!






This is about where we're at...and yes, Miss Reina does need a session at the groomers.  However, there is a strong contingent who love the "mop" look.  So, we'll get her trimmed soon-ish.

And here is Eowyn teaching her how to "shake" with her back leg.
  

Hoping for more enthusiasm from the front:

 

Pretty chillaxed, this labradoodle.  

Celebrating: 

"Claimed by Christ!"


My sister-in-law to be was welcomed into the Catholic Church two weekends ago.  My boys were able to serve and my brother (the deacon) was in town to help attend:

So so special.  

And then this past weekend, a wedding shower!


I think weddings and showers are more special the longer I am married.  All of the joy and promise and hope of a beautiful future...sigh.

Plans for the week:

Yes, the wedding is impending.  Yes, I am finalizing the outfits for ALL ten of us!  Arwen and I have a date for shoe-shopping tomorrow afternoon when my boys are at a friend's birthday party.

Columbus weekend...all of the local school kids are off of school.  The deal is my kids get to finish by noon and then they can play.  These holidays are the home schooler's opportunity to catch up!!  I'm feeling better about our rocky September every day!:)

Rehearsal dinner Thursday, Wedding Friday!!  We'll get to make gymnastics and ballet Tuesday and Wednesday, but Arwen's gonna miss volleyball practice for the wedding and she and the boys will have to make up some hunter's safety time--totally worth it!

Is it bad if I'm partly thrilled about the rehearsal and wedding because it means I'm off the hook for making dinner twice this week? lol


No comments:

Post a Comment