"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

{PFHR} October is here!

I don't know where you are at, but where I'm at it is cold!!  September spoiled me.  It was so warm and sunny...we were in shorts and t-shirts the whole month (well, my kids were. I don't wear shorts these days).  Suddenly it's in the 50's and windy (still sunny, so no complaints)--and we're all running for our sweatshirts and warm clothes.  My tea kettle hasn't been this active in a while.
{Pretty}

These wooly bear caterpillars are really cute!  

 
Did you know that the length of the middle stripe on the caterpillar is an indication of how long winter will be?  My Eagle-scout brother told me this.


{Happy}

Legolas could not have been more delighted (it was his find).  He made it his "pet".





 {Funny/Real}

Mr. Wooly Bear has gone missing.  In the house.  Of course.

By the way...
Happy Feast of St. Therese!!



“When I die, I will send down a shower of roses from the heavens,I will spend my heaven by doing good on earth.” 
― Thérèse de Lisieux

Are we in love with the feast days this time of year?!

1 comment:

  1. Those caterpillars are cute. I hope you find yours (alive!) soon. :)

    ReplyDelete