"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real: September

{Pretty}



(photo credits: Arwen)
 I'm still not over my windowbox.  I think everyone else is, though.  I'll probably stop photographing it soon.  Well, at least when the flowers die.  Which could be soon-ish.

{Happy}

Look at the foot of St. Philomena:



 It's a gift from a friend of mine: amethyst.  One of the stones mentioned in Revelation that will be used in the building of the heavenly Jerusalem.


A gift of consolation after my miscarriage last month--looking forward to that grief-defying day!  So beautiful, and I must add: nice to have something tangible when a baby is lost and our hands are empty.


{Funny}



Do you see the man drywalling our "dining room" wall behind the plastic?  And Aragorn trying to do his math?  When I try to explain how excited I am to have the addition completed...a picture is worth a thousand words, no? :)


 {Real}

I was washing our floors last week, and I took a momentary break to do some urgent task.  I turned around to see this little helper!



Yes, she slipped.  Yes, I shouldn't have tried to capture this on camera first.  But it was pretty cute...

And, for a final landscaping effort before the season is over, we removed our hedge from the front of our house.





 I know I had some before photos...I'll see if I can get fix this post in short order.  In the meantime, I'm already days late for this weeks PHFR!  Slacker blogger...ugh, busy mom!!:)



2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of the amethyst! My sweet Goddaughter could not be any cuter! So excited that the addition is almost done. And you got rid of the hedge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha--yep! The hedge was so old we were able to pull it out with our bare hands, like pulling turnips! Everyone got in on the fun, and we found about 50 lost balls! I am glad it's out, but now the front yard looks bare to me!

    ReplyDelete