"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, September 20, 2015

One Week Count-Down (so they say)...

You know a woman is desperate for an addition to be completed when she's showing you piles of lumber...

Ok, good friends (because no one else wants this tour)--c'mon in and see where we're at:


Why, just unzip that lovely plastic entrance and step through gingerly. :)  Peek in at those (unstained, unwaxed, uncured) floors!!!


Yes, I'm dreaming organizational dreams: 


(All needs paint.)

Do you remember me telling you about how excited the kids were to have a window seat?  I'd really think we needed a cat, but...Aragorn works pretty well!



If you are a reader, you must be a window-seat person!  Or even just a gal who likes to drink coffee and chat on the phone: window seat, right?!  And here's the bonus:

It opens for storage!!

Don't be too jealous yet.  Tomorrow morning bright an' early I'll be mucking out the rabbit hutches before the men show up.  Then I'll be talking varnish with the crew.  Then I'll be calling my painter.  There will be hammering and sanding and sawing.  It's all so much more glamorous on-line (which is, of course, why I blog)!

Haha!  My real hope for next week is to remember that my 3 and 5 year olds are part of our home school and to be a better Mama to them!  I think ABC flashcards are on my horizon!

Hope your week ahead is a bright one!

No comments:

Post a Comment