"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, September 3, 2015

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real} September

We have a late, late, end-of-summer birthday to bring a final burst of fun before the beginning of the school year, courtesy of Galadriel.


This year a certain almost-9-year-old-girl requested that she get to decorate her own birthday cake!


{Pretty}


I might feel a little awkward about blogging my feet.  But this is my first professional pedicure, ever! My sweet sister met me and a couple of my girls at the mall. We wanted to take a moment to be together and "restore" a bit after a difficult week before.  We sat and chatted and it was so special.  With a dozen children between us--and she has one on the way!--it is a rare occasion to steal away for any reason at all, much less for such a luxary!:)  You know what? My nails still look awesome and I'm happy to show off my toes before the fall weather makes me pull on socks!  


 My new St. Philomena statue.  I was totally surprised to discover that the religious goods store that I purchased this statue at had a real relic of St. Philomena in the prayer room.  They also had one of St. Therese.  I felt very personally graced after the morning visit and I am so happy to have a tangible reminder of the baby who was with us for such a brief moment.

{happy}




For those who have been following the renovation with baited breath...
we're siding!!!


{Funny/Real}



It's not funny that Pip's cage was discovered with the swinging door unhinged and down and the hutch empty.  (That's the "Real").  We are still hoping that he will emerge from under a thick hedge after a long afternoon nap.  Sadly, as the hours pass by, my hopes are lowering.

What is a little funny, and very cute and sweet, is the way the neighborhood girls begged to make "Lost Bunny" signs.  Can't say I've ever come across one before.  I admit, I'm a touch sheepish about posting these about the neighborhood.  And yet, how does one dash the hopeful hearts of a flock of children who have spent the spring and summer watching Pip grow from a tiny bunny to a fluffy buck?



***Update: Pip found!
Story to follow...

1 comment:

  1. Visiting from over at PHFR. The cake is quite fantastic and very fairylike! Glad that cute bunny was found.

    ReplyDelete