"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Life issues

I presume you've come across the headliner about Pope Francis and the "rabbits" comment.  Here's the full interview so you can see what was said:

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/full-text-of-popes-in-flight-interview-from-manila-to-rome-84716/

As usual, the media has had a hay day with something that I really didn't see as a big deal.  After all, the Pope didn't say anything new.  He emphasized using our reason as regards our parenthood.  He mentioned that there are ways to licitly deal with situations that require avoiding pregnancy (think NFP).  He ended by encouraging us to see the child as a treasure.  I do recognize that His Holiness speaks "off the cuff" in his interviews and doesn't speak so as to deter misinterpretation.

I want to post a lengthy but super article on the issue of openness to life, in light of the anniversary of Roe v. Wade and the "rabbits" comment that has caused such a stir.

http://www.likemotherlikedaughter.org/2014/04/the-third-secret-to-destruction-proofing-your-family/


No comments:

Post a Comment