"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I bloomed it!

So, am I the only one who has never bloomed an amaryllis before?


I tried once about a decade ago, but I had to leave my home for Christmas travels before it bloomed, and it died before I returned.  I always regretted not seeing my amaryllis bloom.  I never really saw an amaryllis that I knew of.  And I'm a very curious person.  And I get kind of attached to my plants.  


"Phyllis" is just so cheerful on the kitchen table! (Yes, I do name my plants. Don't you?)

photo credit: Arwen


 This little lady just came from a kit at Target. I opened the box, added water to the block of dirt, and planted the bulb.  I think it took about three weeks for her to bloom.
photo credit: Arwen
So pretty! And it's not even Spring yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment