"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Brainstorming

Look, I know we've all just blown our pocket books coming through Christmas and I know we can't just keep on buying...but...we've got this second semester of school and long winter months and sometimes it's just inspiring to infuse the school room with some colorful new tangibles to keep little hands occupied and interested.  Anyway, I've purchased none of these things, but I do have some spring birthdays coming up...  And just because it's fun to browse together, I thought I'd post a few things I've been looking at.;)

I wonder if my kids would love these, or if I'd just get really, really sick of picking them up! ("Gears"):

Why are these things so darn expensive??!!! (Magnatiles)  Because I think they'd be a ton of fun!


These Plan Toys "gears" are less expensive….hmmmm.
Plan Toys.  I may be obsessed.

Very Montessori, n'est-ce pas?
Nice and pretty little princess blocks…I should see if they have a boy version too.

Oh--and there's a tea set! Where is it?
Here it is!

And I really do love this shape sorter--I've had one, but I'm terrible at keeping things with lots of pieces for many years.  I think it's time for a new one for Legolas and Eowyn.

I could go on an on!

But, let's just remember, cute toys don't make us good mothers.  Love makes us good mothers.
Love.  I'm going to repeat that to myself and make sure I stop browsing Amazon in my spare time.;)

No comments:

Post a Comment