"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

I Finished!!


Baby Surprise Jacket KnitAlong
I didn't have the sweater buttoned all of the way here--she was being
as cooperative as... a One-year-old!
"So big!"
This is the story of the tortoise and the hare.  I am the tortoise, but I didn't win any races.  I just finished. And that is so awesome!  Let's see, it was May of 2011 when Elizabeth Foss came up with the amazing idea of knitting a simple sweater as a blogging community, just ten rows a day.  She and her friend walked us through the project clearly and simply, and did such an amazing and wonderful job!  But I didn't quite keep up, and at the VERY end of the project, I put my knitting up on a shelf in my china cabinet, where it sat…well, since 2011.  My baby was exactly one year old at the time, now she's four and a half, but she has a little sister who celebrates her First Birthday TODAY!!  And the sweater? It fits perfectly!!


I added the cutest buttons to make my very amateur efforts look a bit fancier!:)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it! She is adorable and the sweater turned out great! You need to teach me how to knit!!! I have no clue. The buttons are super cute too. Congrats on finally finishing it!

    ReplyDelete