"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Grandma? (Overheard)

My Mom's birthday is coming up and yesterday I told my husband that I needed to get my Mom a birthday present.

Rosie was sitting next to me on the couch.  Who's "my mama?" she asked.  What? says I. "You said "my mama" who's "my mama".  "Oh, my Mom." I said, "Remember, we just talked about this the other day.  Who is my Mama? Do you remember?"

(Rosie thinks hard). "Oh yeah…who was it???…Oh YEAH! It's Aunt Maria!!!" (that would be my sister who is 8 years younger than I).

I won't tell you who she guessed next, when I said she'd have to be OLD enough to be my Mom (Aunt Ann! haha--still 18 months younger than I!)

We finally worked our way around to her grandmother.  That girl. <sigh>

No comments:

Post a Comment