"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, December 15, 2014

St. Nick's: Sweet and Sour


 Since it is Christmas time and I have no time for posting, but wish to capture some moments from our Advent season, I am posting a little highlight from St. Nicholas morning.  My Mom always made popcorn balls for our stockings, and now, with 17 grandchildren, she still drops bags off at each of our homes the night before St. Nick.  She is the real Mrs. Claus!

Here is Eowyn with her first St. Nick's popcorn ball and orange!
Sweet:



And now for the orange!
still sweet

I could have stopped her, but instead I snapped more pics!


sour!


No comments:

Post a Comment