"When we had our children, our ideas changed somewhat. Thenceforward we lived only for them; they made all our happiness and we would never have found it save in them. In fact, nothing any longer cost us anything; the world was no longer a burden to us. As for me, my children were my great compensation, so that I wished to have many in order to bring them up for Heaven" -- Saint Zelie Martin, mother of St. Therese of Lisieux, canonized October 18, 2015 along with her husband St. Louis Martin.

Monday, May 15, 2017

May Musings

I've been revisiting Fr. Jacques Philippes "Searching for and Maintaining Peace".  I need to read that every day!  PEACE!  And that is all I'm going to say about that.

 
This little kitten is feisty.  Too scratchy and bitey for me.  And he gets on our kitchen table (which is a huge problem in my estimation).  But Arwen, my resident cat-whisperer, and Aragorn (surprisingly to me) have banned together to save Cooper from the pound!  They are on a mission to keep him off of my table.


I find my teens with this cat quite often.  Cooper seems to calm them down or console them in times of teen-duress.  He amuses them during dull points throughout the day.  And my little kids mess around with him all the time.  I have been observing what role this little kitten plays in our home.  While I have my issues with this guy, and while I  am not really a "cat person", I have to admit, his little life is a gift to our family.
 

And I'd rather have my kids fondling a kitten than an electronic device.
---

Mother's Day was a beautiful day.  My kids and husband spoiled me.  And when you have nine perfect children (and by perfect, I do not mean my children don't sin, or have their issues) it is pretty easy to go through your day feeling rather important.


Each child is so important.   Created by God to exist for all eternity?  I'd say that's pretty important.


I don't feel "proud" as in "proud of my accomplishment"...because, it's really just a gift, my motherhood.  Each child.


Mostly, I feel humbled and grateful.  I certainly do not deserve to be a mother.  It's too great and glorious a vocation, going through life with banana goo on my shirt and all!  These are my children!?!!


 May the Lord judge me mercifully.  I'm still as selfish and impatient as the next human.  But I do love them.  I am so thankful that I get to be a part of their lives.


I thank God for the gift of motherhood.  Now, off to my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment